As some people may be aware, I’m the Events Co-ordinator and Webmaster over at Pete’s Hobby Railway and now I’m honoured to be the first “Guest Author” on that site!
Normally Peter writes the all content for the various articles up on Pete’s Hobby Railway. Then I help edit and proofread the majority of the content on that site before I “page set” and ultimately publish it online.
However, this time Peter and I have swapped roles! I wrote the bulk of the content for this article, page setting as I went. Then Peter edited and proofed it. Finally, I published the article online.
The article covers the story about how one little idea and a comment I made to Peter grew in to a massive Three Day Extravaganza!
- Visit to Wagga Rail Heritage Museum, including BBQ Lunch
- Visit to RAAF Base Wagga Heritage Centre
- Visit to Ladysmith Station, with afternoon tea
- An informal dinner at The Junee Hotel
- Brunch at the Junee Railway Station Cafe
- To Migurra, for a photo opportunity with the Melbourne bound XPT
- To Bethungra Spiral, for a photo opportunity of the Sydney bound XPT, with cold drinks
- Ilabo, for an impromptu stop on the way back from Bethungra
- Visit to Junee Roundhouse Museum, with afternoon tea
- Junee Ex-Services Memorial Club, for the official birthday dinner
- Pete’s Hobby Railway – The Grand Opening (on Peter’s actual birthday)
If only I’d had known what I was letting myself in for… but Peter and his guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and truth be told, so did I 🙂
You can read the full article at “Peter’s 75th Birthday – A Three Day Extravaganza!“.
Some other articles over at Pete’s Hobby Railway that mention me include;
- Feeding the Volunteers
I cook lunch for the Volunteers at Pete’s Hobby Railway
- Making tracks in Junee
I appear briefly in the Prime 7 Wagga TV interview
- Progress Report 25: Grand Opening of Pete’s Hobby Railway
A report on the Grand Opening Event for Pete’s Hobby Railway (also part of Peter’s 75th Birthday Celebrations)
- Progress Report 27 – Our First Public Viewing Days
Over the Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival 2017 Weekend