On Saturday, October 1, 2005 at 4pm, Nicholas Pyers will discuss how you get your site included in the various search engines and directories.
Topics to be covered include;
- Search Engine or Directory – what’s the difference,
- Choosing which Search Engine or Directories
- Submitting your site to Search Engines and Directories
- Paying for Search Engine or Directory submissions – Yes or No?
- Preparing your site for improved search results,
- How NOT to be included in search engines, and when you might want this
- Adding a Search Engine to your own site
Search Engine Visibility
- Saturday, October 1, 2005
- Main Auditorium, Building 4
Elgar Road Campus, Box Hill TAFE
Cnr Whitehorse & Elgar Roads, Box Hill
Choosing Which Engine or Directory
Preparing Your Site for Submission
Submitting Your Site
- Submit to Yahoo!
Add URL to Google
Submit Site to sensis.com.au
Submit to MSN Search
VersionTracker Developer Login
Add Calendar to iCalShare
How Not to be Included
List of Robots
Add a Search Engine to Your Own Site
- Google Search
A copy of the keynote presentations slides can be viewed as a PDF;
Interested in using the material from this presentation? Any non-profit Apple Macintosh User Group (MUG) may re-print, free of charge, any of the articles written by Nicholas Pyers found at https://www.nicholaspyers.com/articles. There are just a couple of conditions, which basically boil down to letting us know – for the full terms and conditions, please visit https://www.nicholaspyers.com/reprints.
Pingback: June 2006 Meeting Info Required | AppleUsers.org